The Los Rios Promise covers tuition for 12 to 18 units but does not cover the cost of books or other fees. Learn about other types of financial aid that can help cover your expenses.
Deadline for Los Rios Promise Program Enrollment and FAFSA Completion
Eligible students must enroll in classes and submit the FAFSA/CADAA by the following deadlines to receive Los Rios Promise funds:
- Summer 2019: June 3, 2019
- Fall 2019: August 14, 2019
- Spring 2020: January 9, 2020
- Summer 2020: June 17, 2020
- Fall 2020: September 8, 2020
- Spring 2021: February 1, 2021
West Sacramento Promise
The West Sacramento Promise provides residents of West Sacramento, who graduated from a High School within the last 6 months, fee-free college for their first year at Sacramento City College’s main campus, West Sacramento Center, or Davis Center.
- Be a current West Sacramento resident
- Be a West Sacramento high school graduate or GED recipient between December 2019 and June 2020
- Enroll in and maintain at least 12 units for fall and spring semesters
- Apply to Sacramento City College
- Apply for Financial Aid: Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application(CADAA)* by the Los Rios Promise Program Enrollment and FAFSA Completion deadline. See all financial aid deadlines.
* If you are not a US citizen or permanent US resident, then you should fill out the CADAA instead of the FAFSA.
- Apply to the West Sacramento Promise.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.